Looking for inspiration for where to stay can be a minefield, especially if you fancy a change of destination and have no experience of where to go. Often, when others recommend a particular hotel and bestow it with glowing reviews, it can provide that much-needed reassurance. That's why many of us use social platforms like Trip Advisor. I find these sort of websites really useful. As well as, in the main, providing honest feedback, they help to discover new places and locations that I perhaps hadn't even considered.
So, here's a list of the hottest new hotels in the world (according to Trip Advisor). Obviously with the UK travel restrictions, we haven't had the opportunity to visit first-hand, but there's always one day. We've done some research into the Top 10 as they look fantastic places to stay and have included links for the full list of 25 hotels. So here's the list of some must-visit hotels around the world, from here in the UK to destinations in Europe such as Turkey, Greece and Montenegro, as well as further afield in Brazil, Vietnam, USA, Thailand, Japan, South Africa, Dubai, Australia, New Zealand, India, Sri Lanka and Mexico .
Arinna Cappadocia, Groeme, Turkey
1. Arinna Cappadocia, Groeme, Turkey
Dating back to 1850, Arinna Cappadocia has been recently renovated into a unique cave hotel. Art is at the heart of the hotel. The owner, who is a local artist has designed each room with a different artistic theme.
Stay: Choice of Cave rooms. Some are classed as having 'balloon views' - with hot air balloons rising up from the valleys in front of the hotel.
Armenaki, Santorini, Greece
2. Armenaki, Santorini, Greece
"Contemporary 4-star hotel for the well-travelled seeking the untravelled". Predominantly adults-only (children aged 13 above only).
Stay: Rooms and suites are carved into volcanic rocks. Choice of residences (2 bedrooms and living room), suites, nests.
Eat: Breakfast is served in your room. An in suite dining service offers an all-day menu.
Anttunina Pousada Spa, Maragogi, Brazil
3. Anttunina Pousada Spa, Maragogi, Brazil
Located on the beautiful Antunes beach in Maragogi - known as the 'Brazilian Caribbean'. This is a truly relaxing place with 'zen space' and little luxuries like floating breakfasts and foot-in-sand dinners.
Stay: swimming pool bungalows offer total exclusivity. Upper bungalows are smaller but still have an outdoor heated hot tub.
Eat: Enjoy contemporary cuisine
Peridot Grand Hotel & Spa by Aira, Hanoi, Vietnam
4. Peridot Grand Hotel & Spa by Aira, Hanoi, Vietnam
5-star boutique hotel. "An oasis of tranquility in the hustle and bustle of Hanoi Old Quarter"
Stay: Deluxe rooms - described as chic & premier as well as suites. Some connecting rooms available.
Eat: 2 restaurants including Olivine, an 11th floor fine dining restaurant
Hotel Bidaia, San Sebastian, Donostia, Spain
5. Hotel Bidaia, San Sebastian, Donostia, Spain
Located near the beach, this boutique hotel also has a garden and terrace.
Stay: Some rooms have a balcony, other rooms have a garden or mountain view.
Olu Deniz Blu Luxury Unique Hotel, Olu Deniz, Turkey
6. Olu Deniz Blu Luxury Unique Hotel, Olu Deniz, Turkey
5-star adults-only luxury hotel. Near to the Kings Tombs in and around Fethiye.
Stay: 5 honeymoon suites, terrace suites, deluxe rooms, honeymoon rooms, swim-up rooms and suites.
Eat: Galazio restaurant has a focus on locally grown and made foods.
Emeline, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
7. Emeline, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
This former 19th century grocery store has been brought back to life as a luxury hotel.
Stay: Rooms and suites (including some 2-bed)
Eat: Regional dishes with Italian influence, seafood and coffee shop.
Mandarin Eastville Hotel, Pattaya, Thailand
8. Mandarin Eastville Hotel, Pattaya, Thailand
The inspiration behind this hotel is 'trust of a warm touch'. Perfect to visit the nearby attractions of Mini Siam, Sanctuary of Truth and Pattaya.
Stay: 272 rooms spread over 2 buildings. Rooms have been designed to harmonise the oriental Zen with a classic Western style.
Eat: 2 restaurants offering a mix of Asian, International and Japanese cuisine.
Ace Hotel, Kyoto, Japan
9. Ace Hotel, Kyoto, Japan
This hotel is a monument to the city's abundance of art, nature, culture, craft and history.
Stay: Choice of suites and rooms
Eat: Tacos, Italian and Stumptown Coffee - making it's international debut at the hotel
The Rockaway Hotel, Rockaway, New York, USA
10. The Rockaway Hotel, Rockaway, New York, USA
Boasting an urban beach getaway with a view of New York City.
Stay: Rooms, suites and long-stay bungalows. Some with views of the Atlantic Ocean, Jamaica Bay or the Manhattan Skyline.
Eat: Reinvented American classics as well as a Rooftop restaurant with indoor and outdoor space.
Here are the remaining hotels that make up the Top 25 ....
11. The Old Foundry Hotel, Cape Town, South Africa - www.oldfoundryhotel.com/
12. Grand Cosmopolitan Hotel, Dubai, UAE - www.grandcosmopolitandubai.com/
13. The Manor Hotel by JA, Dubai, UAE - www.jaresortshotels.com/dubai/the-manor-by-ja
14. Hotel Fitzroy curated by Fable, Auckland, New Zealand - www.fablehotelsandresorts.com/hotels/hotel-fitzroy
15. Adiwama Bisma, Ubud, Bali - www.adiwanabisma.com/
16. Roomzzz Apart Hotel, York, UK - www.roomzzz.com/aparthotels/york
17. Hotel Brooklyn, Manchester, UK - www.hotelbrooklyn.co.uk/
18. Ulaman Eco Retreat, Tabanan, Bali - https://ulamanbali.com/
19. The Darling Hotel, Visalia, California, USA - www.thedarlingvisalia.com/
20. Rise Uptown, Phoenix, Arizona, USA - https://riseuptownhotel.com/
21. National Hotel, Sydney, Australia - https://littlenationalhotel.com.au/sydney/
22. Aria Resort & Spa, Nashik, India - https://ariaresortandspa.com/
23. Araliya Red, Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka - www.araliyaresorts.com/araliya-red/
24. Blue Kotor Bay Premium Resort, Stoliv, Montenegro - https://bluekotorbay.com/
25. The Fives Oceanfront, Puerto Morelos, Mexico - www.thefiveshotels.com/resorts/the-fives-puerto-morelos
Image credit: properties own.